The mission of the World Congress of Herpetology (WCH) is to promote herpetological research, education and conservation, by facilitating communication between individuals, societies and other organisations engaged in the study of amphibians and reptiles.
To this end, the WCH will:
* Facilitate communication of herpetological scientific findings and other issues to the world community of herpetologists by organising international meetings every three to five years,
* Serve as a voice for international herpetological issues, such as conservation,
* Help to promote, in the public, respect and appreciation of all amphibians and reptiles,
* Create and sustain links with local, national and regional herpetological societies in all parts of the world,
* Participate, with other organisations, in global initiatives to promote knowledge and conservation of amphibians and reptiles, such as the Global Amphibian Assessment and the IUCN/SSC Amphibian Specialist Group,
* Facilitate the participation of young herpetologists, especially those from less developed countries, in its meetings and other activities.